BondCover is currently not available.
If a renter with BondCover fails to make payment in accordance with a Tribunal Order, the owner or property manager may claim the amount under a valid BondCover certificate.
Snug will then take the following steps:
- Verify the Tribunal Order and claim of default with the owner and renter.
- Promptly settle the valid claim with the owner or property manager.
- Offer the Renter the opportunity to reimburse Snug.
If the renter does not reimburse Snug for a valid Claim Amount within 14 days, Snug may:
- Notify the Property Manager of the failure to pay;
- Decline or increase the fees for a future BondCover contract;
- Record the event on the Tenant/s’ record on Snug
- Notify tenancy database providers of the default, where permitted by law;
- Appoint debt collection agents or lawyers to bring a Recovery Action; and
- Waive all or part of the amount owing for Tenants who are eligible under the Snug Community Care program, the terms of which are published at snug.com.
Snug does not use collection services that impact on a Renter's credit score.
Please review the BondCover Terms for details.