Snug saves property managers countless hours by automating portal enquiry responses and triggering the leasing journey!
The email response enables renters to:
- Register for a viewing to inspect the property
- Start preparing their application profile
- Receive answers to the common questions
- Receive suggested properties from your portfolio
Renters are added to your database for easy check in at viewings,
How does it work?
- The PM continues to receive the original email from the portal and may choose to answer the non template/detailed messages that require personalised service from your team
- Set up a forward/cc of the portal enquiry to Snug so that we can trigger your journey
- Visit Snug / Messages to see the auto-reply time (there's no action required by you)
How enable auto replies
To enable auto replies from Snug, your website and portal enquiries should be redirected / forwarded to your Snug Messages inbox. Your Messages inbox email address is provided during your account setup and looks similar to 123ABC@mail.snug.com. If you do not have it the Admin for your Agency can contact email@example.com to request it.
There are two options for forwarding / redirecting rental enquiries to your Snug Messages inbox.
Option 1 - Forward your rental enquiries to Snug (Recommended)
- Set up an email address to use exclusively for receiving rental enquiries (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Update your portal listing profiles (the contact details attached to your rental listings) that are used exclusively for rental listings to use this email address.
- Set up the rental enquiry email address to forward to your Snug Messages inbox (e.g. email@example.com forwards all email to 123ABC@mail.snug.com).
Option 2 - Use the Snug Messages email address directly (Simple)
- Update your portal listing profiles (the contact details attached to your rental listings) that are used exclusively for rental listings to use the Snug Messages inbox email address (e.g. 123ABC@mail.snug.com).
- (Optional) If you choose this option, we can forward these emails to an email of your choice so you can keep a record or have them available in your CRM of choice.
Things to note:
- Your Snug Messages inbox auto replies will be more effective if receiving enquiries only.
- If you choose to send rental enquiries directly to your Snug Messages inbox (Option 2), please ensure you have 1Form disabled from your portal listings.
Updating your portal listing profiles
Once the email forwarding option is selected, your portal listing profiles that are attached to your rental listings need to be updated with either the rental enquiry email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) or Snug Messages inbox email address (e.g. 123ABC@mail.snug.com). There are two ways to update the contact email address for your portal listing profiles:
- Update once on your property uploader (e.g. MyDesktop) and republish your properties to push the updated email address to all property portals where your listings are published.
- Update the rental listing profiles manually on each of the property portals by logging in to each portal and updating the email address.
Note: If the property uploader method does not correctly update the email address on all portals, a manual update will be required.
Guides for updating your listing profile:
- Updating your rental listing agent profile using Rex
- Updating your rental listing agent profile using Agentpoint