Many renters live with pets and many owners accept pets.
Renters can successfully apply with pets by providing appropriate pet details, pet references, council registration.
State renting laws about Pets are changing so check out the latest regulations online:
Here are important considerations for renters applying with Pets:
- Only house the pet approved on your lease
- Approving a pet is at the discretion of the property owners (sometimes with Body Corporate).
- Pets should be kept clean (free of parasites), quiet (not disturb the neighbours) and controlled at all times (domesticated, desexed, toilet trained)
- Pets should be supervised on or passing through common property (on a leash)
- Renters may be liable for damage or injury caused by the pet(s) to people or property
- When vacating a property you may be required to provide receipts for: Flea treatment, Pest Control or steam cleaned carpets
Read more about renting with pets Snug blog: