Enabling forwarding of rental enquiries from your Gmail (or G Suite / Google for Work) to Snug can be performed in two ways:
- Add a forwarding address - best suited to when Snug is the only forwarding destination
- Add a forwarding filter - best suited when you multiple forwarding addresses are required (e.g. Snug and a CRM)
Option 1. Adding a forwarding address
NOTE: This options is best suited when you only need to forward to Snug. If you need to forward to two addresses or have an existing forward in Gmail that you'd like to keep please see Option 2. Add a forwarding filter
1. In Gmail, Open Settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP and click on "Add a forwarding address"
2. Enter your Snug messages inbox email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and click "Proceed"
3. Retrieve the verification code from your Snug Messages inbox and enter it in Google and click "Verify"
4. Ensure the forwarding is activate
Option 2. Add a forwarding filter
NOTE: This options is best suited when you have an existing forward you'd like to keep or if you need two forwarding destinations (e.g. to Snug and your CRM at the same time). If you only require forwarding to Snug please see Option 1. Adding a forwarding address
1. Add a filter from Settings -> Filters and Blocked Addresses -> Create a new filter
2. Add "The enquiry has been sent from" OR "Enquiry for property ID" OR "You have received a new lead from" OR "New rental enquiry from" to the "Has the words" field and click "Create filter"
3. Click "Forward it to" and select the Snug Messages inbox email address and click "Create filter"