You can archive and unarchive properties to help keep your active leasing list organised. There are a few things to note about archiving a property.
Once a property is archived:
- It will not longer be published on your public team-property list on Snug
- It will no longer be available for receiving applications
- Enquiries for the property will receive a short enquiry response with a link to your active team property list
- The archived property will continue to receive feed updates (We will consider a property to be a new listing after 60 days. If you need to re-list earlier than 60 days, please contact our Customer Service Team email@example.com)
Archiving a property
To archive a property:
- From your Team Overview or Viewings, find the property using the search filters
- Click the context menu (...) next to the property to be archived and click "Archive"
- Click confirm
If the property does not have a successful application selected, you will be prompted to select or continue without selecting.
Unarchiving a property
To unarchive a property:
- Visit your Team Overview and select "Archived" for the status search filter at the top of the page
- Find the property to be unarchived by scrolling or searching for the address
- Click the context menu (...) next to the required property and click "Unarchive"
Why does the Snug system not Auto-archive listings from the property CRM uploader?
Snug does not auto archive because:
- the listing portal advert might go offline but the PM wishes to continue marketing using the Snug prospecting engine eg. owner doesnt want to pay for another portal advert.
- the listing may be an off market property using [Add Property]
- the selected tenant might be finalising payment, lease documents or bond and other enquiries might be beneficial in case things fall through
- manual archive takes just 10 seconds to process
- auto-archiving prompt is under consideration and coming soon.