This article explains how to set up forwarding from your shared email address dedicated to rental enquiries.
Note: This is not suitable if your shared email address is used for receiving messages other than rental enquiries.
In general, the steps are:
- Log in to your email hosting provider ie. update the mail server settings, not your desktop
- Find the feature similar to "email auto-forwarding"
- Choose your rental enquiry email account eg. "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Choose forward your rentalenquiries@ to your unique Snug message inbox "EXAMPLE123@snug.com"
- Ensure that the "Leasing Team" or "Listing Agent" on each property has this email attached to their profile. Note you might need to refresh listings to push the properties to REA, Domain and Snug.
- Test, Test, Test. Visit Realestate.com.au, Domain.com.au, your website and send an rental enquiry - this should appear in Snug Messages within <10 minutes, and you should receive the auto-reply from Snug.
Need more support? Book a free call in the Academy.
Select from the following guides based on your email forwarding setup
If you have an IT team that manages your email, you can request that they set configure forwarding on your behalf.
Benefit to you and your customers:
- A Renter's enquiry will be sent to your inbox, then instantly forwarded to your Snug email address, from which Snug will trigger a response to the Renter with: a) Register for a viewing b) Start your application and c) answers to the top questions.
- It means Renters receive instant helpful replies with buttons to complete the next steps!